Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Post!

I'm writing this blog in an attempt to keep myself motivated during the training program for the Surf City marathon that Jenelle and I will be running in on Febuary 1st. The marathon is in Huntington Beach, CA so it will be a nice vacation during the winter.

We came up with the idea one Saturday when we were sitting around talking about the Nike+ and how it tracked my runs. We initially were going to do a run in Dallas in December but realized that it would be to soon for the training we needed. Jenelle looked at other marathons, found the Surf City and conviently enough I know someone who lives nearby.

We've been doing a pretty good job of training and I've been running consistenly since my ACL surgery so I have a bit of an edge on Jenelle but she is making huge progress. The only trouble I have is our 2 drink maximum, but i'm sure that will improve with time.

Here's to a new adventure.

No comments: