Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Butte Training

I had to work in Butte again on Wednesday afternoon / Thursday so I packed up my running gear and headed over after being there the previous Thursday - Sunday. I think I've spent more time there in the past two weeks than the past 9 months but its home and the high altitude training is great.

Tuesday night is our family's once a month pizza night with the whole clan so since I was in town I made my way there after work with plans to run at 8. I had a small salad and a few pieces of pizza and tried to digest as much as I could. We left and I headed for the trail to get a quick 5 miler in.

This was our first experience with night running and I slowed my pace to keep closer contact with Jenelle (even though after about 20 yards I couldn't see her). I had a great run but we both decided we needed flashlights for more night runs.

I had to take my father to the airport at 5:30am the next morning (today) and after I got back I figured I might as well do something constructive so I went for another 5 mile run after about 5 hours of sleep. It got me energized for the morning but right now I am dead tired, sitting at Johnny Carinos waiting for some friends and drinking a well deserved Blue Moon.

Cheers!

No comments: